Friday, April 22, 2005

"You don't inspire a metric ton of trust...
taken from a song stuck in my head. Something new i have recently been introduced to. Go Kristin Hersh.

I am updating...

My job is amazing. I get 29 hours next week, which means that the job has to go. So I'm applying at the bank at Kroger, where, if hired, I will likely make almost twice what I make now. That would help. It took me over an hour to sort four pages of tags today b/c they wouldn't stop calling me to the front. They even called me three times during my break, and I didn't respond and they called me more. They can't take a hint. I'm so sick of Kroger.

There is one plus to this horrendous job, however. I made a friend. I would like to take this time to emphasize the word friend, as many of you are fearful of this persons intentions with someone such as myself. The reason for this, dear readers, is due to the nine year age gap between us. My theory is that this nine year age gap makes keeping it all platonic much easier. Yes, I have made a friend. We spend afternoons watching movies and listening to music and chatting about whatever will come up in between. And I must say, I'm finding it to be calming. You see, since this break up, I've had trouble finding a place to go and just clear my head of it all, seeing as how every time I open my eyes I am reminded of something we used to do, somewhere we used to go. Every where I turn it seems I am reminded of all the things that went wrong, and of all the things that went right. I'm not trying to forget, but if I think about it all the time, I will lose my mind and that will get messy. And so spending time with this new friend of mine these many afternoons as of late has been nice, because my surroundings aren't laced with memories of all the things I'm missing. Its like a fresh start. A new beginning. another section of my life started with a new friend, an I like it. Nights seem shorter when my heart gets a rest in the day.

Plus, I like to make new friends.

I do not, however, like people to try and con me into letting them play matchmaker on me. There is this guy I talk to at the bank at Kroger sometimes, and he's a unique individual indeed, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him. And he's trying to con me into going on a date with another guy who works at the bank. I can't tell you the kids name, as I can't actually pronounce it... a 22 year old.

I am certainly not ready to thrust myself back into the dating world just yet.

I'm surrounded by twenty somethings and feeling very young and naive. Even the person I hang out with at self check out is... about 22 actually. I'm the baby at my job. I'm the little on in my group of new aquaintances.

I also have a tissue in my nose.

My nose ring hole still hurts. I think its this new ring, and as a result I will put the old one back in tonight. Maybe.

I just realized how sleepy I am...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home