Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I am going to be a busy little munchkin bubbums for the next couple of days at least. My schedule is all full of things I ought to do... Some of which I really don't want to do, but will anyway. I have an interview at Kroger at 3:30 today, and if I'm really really lucky I'll go to the right Kroger and actually find this ladys office. Then I have a spot again tonight for TEAM, and let me tell you, I am excited beyond reasonable compare. I've missed TEAM since they said they couldn't use me anymore. But now, oh gloriousness of times. I also have a spot on MOPS tomorrow morning which means I have to sleep tonight, AND I'm working on a short story right now about a girl who becomes convinced that her every movement will bring about the end of the universe as we know it. When I finally make the story decent, I"m going to give it a shot and submit it to some on-line magazines and hope they don't hate it and forever toss me into the reject pile of the writing world... because ... I would be sad... Now, the question becomes how to make an interesting story about a girl who never moves or speaks throughout the majority of the tale... That means, *scary music* I have to get into the characters head!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, ITS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!!!!!

Alas, I haven't written anything truly impressive in a long, long time, and It's going to take me some time to get back into the gist of things now. I'm great with imagery, but again, descriptive settings from the eyes of a person who never moves. She doesn't speak, so the only dialect involved is either what others tell her or what she says in her head. But nevertheless, I think I can do it. The atvantage I have in a story about someone who never moves lies in that I also really enjoy personification, so I find ways to make infinite amounts of nothing come alive.

I'll write some nice little sentences down for you later. For now, I go to run errands with Tyler.

*Bows*


IN THE FUTURE

Well, here I am, just returned from my interview. I'd say that besides the fact that I threw up on her shoes, misspelled my name multiple times, and confessed my secret identity as a mobster named Bubba, I did okay....

Okay so none of that really happened, but for the next few months, I'll be making minimum wage in a grocery store that I've shopped at a grand total of twice... Oh yeah. Am I cool or what?

I didn't find any really cool personification in my story yet; none worth noting here, but I will let you in on my personal favorite line thus far. Some lady, I haven't decided whom yet, tells the main character in the story in a flashback to that one fateful day....

"You won't begin a rapture, no, you are no Christ, but still you reek of Armageddon."

Is that just one of those things you never want to hear or what? Okay, its nothing great, but so far, its the best I can do. I'm not going anywhere for two more hours, so I must find ways to entertain myself until that glorious glorious moment when I am reunited with TEAM kids.

*skips madly away from the sunset...*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home