Thursday, August 19, 2004

Theres nothing like waking up in the morning to a crazy thunderstorm. You have to understand, here in the Flowerplex, there is no such thing as a real thunderstorm. Its more of a totally silent downpour kind of pattern. Not this morning. I was awakened by the sound of the rain tapping on the window, just begging me to go play in it, and the clouds roaring away, demanding the same. Mmm, nothing better. I love thunderstorms. We used to have some really impressive ones back in Florida. You'd hear thunder that would bring you to your knees, and lightning that would touch ground so close to you that you just know it was trying to get your heart going. Texas has impressive lightning, and nice rain storms (when they come about) but nothing in the way of thunder. This morning though was glorious in all its loudness. Thunder is a lot louder when you sleep on a second story by a window. Yep yep. I love storms.

Did the application thing today, trying to get my lazy butt crammed into the workforce somewhere, searching for my place. Prospective spaces in which to be forced.... well, the places I applied anyway included Lewisville Volkswagon, Hallmark, and a newly opening place called Kid 2 Kid. I'm under the impression I'm not meant for LVW because everytime I call, and the one time I visit, I can't get ahold of the guy in charge of hiring, which is whom I really need to talk to. Plus its just a scary place. Lots of questions about qualifications I don't have, not to mention I don't drive, and oh yeah, I don't really like cars. Hallmark seems okay, though the hours will suck with no chance for better...fication... in sight, though the people are nice. And lastly (really I should say first off b/c I applied there first) Kid 2 Kid. Of the three, this is the place I am hoping calls me back. I'd get to sit in a room filled with kids stuff all day and watch it get played with and make littluns all gleefull with new purchases, and I really like the lady who owns the store. Its only part time, but thats the place I would most prefer to work.

I'm itching to start school. I think, when the weather starts to inch toward decency, I'm going to start jogging, or at least walking at some rate that will remind my heart that its still alive. I need the excersize, but I HATE running with such a vengence... Such is life. And now, I"m going to look into getting something I've written at some point published, or if not published, then thrust into the public eye. I promised my creative writing teacher I'd at least try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home