Friday, October 22, 2004

I swear when I woke up this morning, I almost didn't know where I was. I had this strange sensation that I was going to wake up in my old room in PA rather than here in TX in the living room. I was overwhelmed by the same sensations that followed me everywhere my freshman year. I felt I was going to stretch and pull that big blue comforter over myself to keep off the October chill. I half expected to see my baby blue walls and star stickers on the roof and cluttered corners of stuff I didn't need. I thought I would get up and see that thick film of wet on the windows from it being so cold outside and so warm inside. I believed I would eventually get up and pull a hoodie and some jeans on and go outside to walk in the autumn air. Freeze my lungs and play in the leaves. When I woke up it was humid and I was sleepy and delerious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home