Monday, May 24, 2004

Senoir speeches may be finished, but i'm not.


Chad, I don't always treat you as well as i could, and probably should. I know you try to go out of your way for my sake and I am truly far more greatful than I let people know. Even though sometimes you act without thinking, I know you do what you do from the heart. Thank you for just being my little brother and caring.

Josh, I wasn't kidding when I asked where to start. We may not have much time behind us but we've accumulated more history than is healthy. From the day you taught me that Pearl Jam song to the day we "became official" the the day we parted those particular ways right up to today, I love you. We were something short of lethal for each other after that month, yet as friends, we have vastly overcome an inumerable amount of trials and tribulations. Believe it or not, you helped me to grow. I"ll see you in the college group, where i'll undoubtedly start more trouble.

Randy, I'll admit, you did make me a tad nervous that first time I recall meeting you, but now, though I should likely fear you more, I don't feel threatened at all. I don't care what they tell you, theres nothing wrong with tou. You're made the way you are for a reason. God doesn't screw up. You're a deeply compassionate person but be careful how far you let that go. Some times you set yourself up to get hurt. I love you, even though you deliberately call me babe just to piss me off.

Julie, you are such a sweet person. I love girl chatting with you and carrying you across fields and sitting on Chads car. Thanks for all the drives home, and the chats about whatever came along throughout the time. You are one of those people I will miss not seeing in Bible Study. Your passion for Christ is amazing and I hope one day to be even half that.

Lara, one of the first people who went out of their way to talk to me. All the inside jokes we share about gushies and sucking at it. I haven’t had a whole lot of great inside jokes in a couple of years. You are far more beautiful than you give yourself credit for. I don’t know what you’re so afraid of in seeing something grand in yourself, but you shouldn’t be.

Tracy, you are by far the friendliest person I have ever met. Yes, I still have the pencil like I said I would, and I think it is time for you to hang on to it until your senior speech, which I plan on attending. Bunking next to you at Pine Cove was an awesome experience that I will never forget. I love how you don’t hold prejudgement on anyone and you don’t allow anyone to pre judge you. I love it how you aren’t afraid to ask questions even if you think everyone around you already knows the answer. I admire such strength in you. You are a beautiful, smart and loving person and don’t ever let anyone convince you that you are a single thing less; not friends, boyfriends, doctors, nobody. You are beautiful.

Saija, you have the most giving spirit I have ever seen in a human being. Your kindheartedness, smiles and handshakes for being me have been such an encouragement.

Dani, you have one of the most unique spirits I have ever seen. You are unbelievably creative and talented with everything you do. Talking to you is always a pleasure and an honor (and you’re just so darn cute)

Heather D, I love how you don’t care about what anyone else thinks about you and how you jump in and speak your mind at any cost. Thank you for talking to me on the phone for hours and letting me get to know you. Thank you for trying to get to know me.

Heather S, You, unfortunately, had to see me at some of my worst points. You were too often the one taking me back to my house on Wednesdays when I least wanted to be there and was most about to snap. You helped keep me sane on those nights by just allowing me to rant and rave about whatever drama was happening in my life. Thank you for being a friend.

Bekah, in all the time I spent learning from you and watching you grow and learn, I never could have imagined that I was teaching you or helping you in any fashion of the concept. I have always valued the things you say because you always seem to think about what you’re going to say before you spew out a bunch of words, which is usually what I do. Thank you for teaching me and for taking something from all the rambles I thought were accomplishing nothing.

To all senior girls, for whatever reason, you tolerated me, in all of my imperfections and quirks. I don’t know why, and I know sometimes I had some trouble connecting with you on levels I would have liked to, but thank you for giving me a glimpse of what the body should look like and how vastly wonderful this trip can be.

To the junior girls, you were the ones that I connected with the most. Maybe its b/c I’m younger at heart, maybe its coincidence, but thanks for befriending me and allowing me to be a part of your lives.


I am far from finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home