Thursday, April 15, 2004

Today, I attended a talent show. I'd forgotten how much talent some of these people have. This one guy I know, Paul, sang this song that really made me think. One of the guitarists strings broke and they had issues with that, so they were afraid that they didn't do so well, but the song was really really amazing. And the more I thought about the words, the more I could relate to them. You know how some songs, you just hear them and they hit you in the face like a 7 ton brick? Thats what this song was to me. It was like they were singing it to me. I know that sounds really stupid and weird, but its like all the questions i've been asking myself and the ones noone else can answer, they knew. The song was answering my questions and it was overwhelming. I think someones trying to tell me something. Between bible study and tonight, I'm seeing a reccurant theme, but i don't know if i like the answer. I'll ponder over it for a moment. Does anyone else find it ironic that the issue i've been dealing with like no other came up from a lady i hardly know yesterday and again today in this song (the only song performed i could understand the words to, mind you) and they had to perform it twice on account of broken strings? I'm seeing the irony here. But i might be the only one. At any rate, he's going to give me the lyrics b/c i asked for them.

I felt the urge very strongly to go up and hug him and ask for another answer. Situations work in strange ways i suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home