Sunday, April 18, 2004

Its something unpredictable, but in the end theres right
I hope you had the time of your life



So, about Prom.

I wore a dress. And thats all you need to know....


Kidding, but at any rate. I quickly learned last night that sitting+prom dress=no breathing. I thought i was going to die. Whenever i sat for long periods of time, i got dizzy and light headed on account of all the oxygen i wasn't getting. Everyone looked really good. I was shocked to see how nicely some people cleaned up. Never thought the day would come that Tyler would wear a tux. It was crazy, guys and girls i know who would never dress all nice like and there they were, looking stunning. Christy didn't win prom queen, though I think she should have. She is one of the most beautiful girls i know, inside and out. I missed going to Brents house this year, which i was looking forward to like you couldn't believe, but i didn't make it b/c my mom was busy having prom for me... And i know she's all excited about it and wanted it to be memorable, but did she really have to make me an hour late? I don't think she did. This is my special night thing after all too. But, things happen and we move on. Prom was interesting. I had fun. My feet hurt, and i'm done with dresses for ever.

I learned something today. Some of my favorite people to be around are less than three feet tall and can hardly speak comprehensably. I was at work today spending some time with a kid who's presence i really enjoy. He's a funny kid who's been learning how to talk recently. So, I'm playing some game with this kid and talking to him about something and he just looks at me and says "I"m going to hug you now" in that adorable, choppy stutter that only a two year old can accomplish. Whatever bad mood may have been lingering around from the past week or so has been killed. I'm such a mom, I know, but its just nice b/c toddlers don't ever do anything they don't want to. They don't show affection toward you if they don't like you and i have never seen this child hug anyone. Yeah, I know, I'm such a mom. Let me have this. I felt liked. Kids have an uncanny ability to brighten moods... Or maybe its just me. I love my job. I wish more of my job loved me, but i love my job none the less.

I should go now, I need sleep rather desperately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home