Monday, July 05, 2004

While sitting on a hill by the road wathcing things blow up with my mom, siblings, a great friend and a wonderful guy is fun, it can't quite compare to the shows I went to when I was little. We used to go to the show in Tampa every year over the bay. they would set off so many fireworks and I'd sit up on my dads shoulders and My sister and I would scream because it was so loud and you always went home with holes in your clothes. its not quite the same as the show I went to my freshman year with my bestest friend at the fair. WE rode rides till we got sick and one of the vendors even convinced this guy to get down on one knee and beg her for a dollar and he used it to buy an inflatable hammer to hit us with. Her mom forced me to make all these mundane decisions and my brain almost exploded and the fireworks show was freaking amazing. I amwaus thought the saturn shaped ones were so cool, and then I saw one shaped like a heart with an arrow through it and one shaped like an american flag.

Watching that show from a distance will never compare to all the times in Florida that my dad bought bum loads of huge fireworks and almost set the neighborhood on fire every single year with a black cat that was a fluke or some roman candles that tipped wrong.

I'm not so sure that mosquito bites can make up for burn marks.

But still, dispite the fact that its not the past, I still loved it. It didn't have the grand explosions I've seen in past shows, but I was still impressed, it didn't have the same sentimental value as past times, but it's got new ones for me now. I got to spend the day with people I love and be reminded, if only a little, that even though my government doesn't really care about what happens to me, the lower middle class, I can still wear a pro life shirt without jail time, I get to practice my religion without fear of being killed, I get to choose who to I want to spend my life with. The government won't help me, but I suppose it could be so much worse.

But..... ENOUGH ABOUT THAT.

Heres my quote of the day.

"Don't stop to look at the clock
Forever won't be long enough"

Ever feel that way? That forever just isn't enough time? I do. Forever isn't long enough, not even by a long shot, and I have a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home