Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Yesterday Chad and I ventured off to Walgreens to find him a new toothbrush and razor. I contemplated getting a hairbrush, but finally decided to leave the brushing of my hair to someone who cared. At any rate, while standing at the check out line, I see this little girl, not likely a day past three or maybe four, curly blond hair, calling for her dad. She kept staring at the guy in front of us, so I thought maybe that was it, well she continued to search around for him, getting more scared and flustered by the moment. I'm watching this little girl, and all the while, people are walking past her, just staring at her or smiling, not doing anything to help her. I couldn't believe where we have come to, when nobody will help a lost little girl who's a dive away from the exit door on a walgreens on the main road. so i started talking to her, telling her I would help her find her parents, trying to keep her in the same general area, and away from the exit door, so her dad could find her. He came around the corner shortly after, and I realized at that time why nobody ever helps lost kids. While the guy thanked me, he also shot me a pretty dirty look. People don't help people b/c they don't want to be blamed for attempted child abduction. I hadn't thought of that when I went to help her. I didn't think it could be a factor. Of course, I don't think I would want some strange kid talking to my little girl if i didn't know where she was either... It really is a sick world we live in. Not only because you can't even help kids anymore, but because you can't help them BECAUSE its a sick world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home