Friday, June 11, 2004

I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?


Sometimes I'm pretty sure I should just get up off the floor and go on with life as if all the things that happen to me never really existed. Sometimes I think it would be better for me to just deny my own reality. I mean it literally, too, when i say i should pick myself up off the floor. They wear me down, my whole house just wears me down to the point where I'm lying on the floor screaming and shaking so badly I coudln't stand up if I wanted to and I'm just contemplating setting my whole past ablaze and running as far from it all as my tired body can carry me, and trying to fly the rest of the way. I shouldn't let it bother me, but they wear on me just because they know that they can. I'm going to snap one of these days, and thats not the type of person I want to be. I'm reverting back to my old ways... the me that I hated, the thought process that I hated, the methods of coping that I hated so bitterly are haunting me again, not even hiding this time, just jumping out right into my face and following me no matter where I go. I'm scaring myself again, forgetting who I want to be, who I was before my psychological fallout. Curse you adolescence...Not that I have anyone to blame but myself. Even if I did, I likely would not. My mom asked me today if I needed the cat tranquilizers... that cat takes valium. What does that say about me, if the people around me think I need to be put on valium? So, where can I go to escape from all this madness? Where am I going to go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home