Friday, June 11, 2004

The formality of this funeral is disturbing. Reagans funeral service is on tv right now. They spent about ten minutes just staring at the casket... I never understood the whole formality of funerals. I would never want a formal funeral like that. I would be turning over in my grave if there were army guys marching around and everyone had to stand away and they stood at my casket for ten minutes not doing anything. I don't know. Maybe thats what Reagan liked. I'd like to say I don't understand the mourning of death, but thats simply not true. I won't even try to pretend that one. I dreamed two nights ago that I met these two people. An older man and a really young girl, and they were dying. I remember it was a time when death was pretty common, and I was on some sort of mission and I drove off to this tower which started in the middle of nowhere and the man appeared. THen the little girl. I don't recall what the man was dying from, but the girl had cancer. I think the man was suicidal... I remember that I hugged him and my mom thought it was pretty gross b/c he was kind of overweight and really sweaty.If he died in front of me, I can't remember. I went to the little girls house the next day and she had died. It was just a dream, but i didn't want them to die. Another weird dream. I never heard a word spoken. Okay, I have to wake up the littl'un and do kitchen stuff, and so now I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home