Thursday, March 04, 2004

I love discussions that amount to something. Surely, the nothing conversations make the world go 'round and they often mean the most to us, but talking about something where you learn, i like that.

My lunch table just got into an enormous conversation about something i never expected us to touch base on... Religion. A guy was freaking out about being persecuted by an anal retentive religious woman over a book he is reading... Necro... something. I'll get the title for you later, and we got into a conversation about how that simply isn't right. I have a deep rooted frustration for Christians who persicute. We are supposed to be different from the world, so some people need to stop acting like they are made to be in this world. Anyway, it brought up discussion about the Passion of the Christ. I have not yet seen this movie, but i plan to. Then it turned to a conversation about actual faith and what is the difference between Jews and Christians and Muslims and such. I was allowed to dispense knowledge that i had forgotten i ever even possessed. It always feels nice to give someone something they didn't know and it feels even nicer to know that i'm not as illiterate and foolish as i often think i am. No, I don't know much, but i do know something. I am retaining some form of knowledge in this thick skull of mine. Plus i just like it when people ask questions. I like to see people searching for those answers and i like to search for those answers with other people.

We are all constantly learning and growing, whether we know it or not. For anyone reading this who is having thier own problems with, well, anything... You are not the only person searching for answers. Even the smartest people still don't know it all. We are all looking. So my vote is that we search together, sharpen eachother. Though we will probably look for answers to some question, whatever it may be at that time, forever, we don't have to ponder over one thing for the rest of our lives. Let iron sharpen iron, and though we are not made of iron, i'm going t assume you get this metaphor. If not, ponder over it. Ask me. We'll talk about it, maybe we'll learn something new. I'm always up for broadening my horizon for understanding...

I'm starting to ramble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home